Duc Pho Vet Looking for Contacts

----- Original Message -----
From: Ward Corcoran
To: webmaster@hill4-11.org
Sent: Subject: Duc Pho Vet - C COMPANY, 3/1, 11 LIB

Hello

I was Sgt. Ward Corcoran, stationed at Duc Pho from 12/'67 to 07/'68. I served under Capt. Harry Joe Rhinehart. I was in the advance party, flying from Hawaii to Quy Nhon, arriving on 12/01/67. The balance of the 11th arrived a few weeks later via merchant marine ships – an experience many reported they would not want to repeat. Once assembled, we motor convoyed north to Duc Pho.

Close friends included Doug Walsh, Company Clerk, who served side-by-side with Capt. Rhinehart in the field, Gary Brungardt, Supply Sgt. Riley [who I worked with], and Tony Brunett. Our Top in country was Top Sgt. White. [Top Sgt. Shigahiro was our Top at Schofield, but, as he had already done a tour in Vietnam, he did not go with the 11th back to Duc Pho, telling Capt. Rhinehart – "I didn't leave anything there I have to go back for". Lt. O'Heron was our 1st. Col. Franklin and Major Henrionet are also remembered.

I left Vietnam in July, 1968. I returned to Texas, finishing my college education at Sam Houston State University in Huntsville. I then married my wife, Karen, whom I had met while stationed at Schofield. She was on a holiday from Vancouver, BC, Canada. We now live in the Vancouver area

As I live in Canada, I have missed the ability to speak with others who shared similar experiences in Vietnam. It was great discovering this site, and reading messages from fellow vets. I would enjoy hearing from anyone who might care to respond.

Ward F. Corcoran
Cantex Equipment Limited
464 Northcliffe Crescent
Burnaby, BC V5A 1A1
Ph: 604-294-1234 / Fx: 604-294-1534
E: cel@telus.net / http://www.cantexequipment.com/

0 comments: