Found Picture of my Dad on Hill 411

 
----- Original Message -----
To: .
Sent: Wednesday, July 07, 2010 12:40 PM
Subject: Found Picture of my Dad on Hill 411


Dear Charlie,

My dad, Pvt. Bernard "Benny" Richert, was in vietnam from 1970 - 1971.  I don't know much about his service there because he didn't talk much about it over the years.  I was born in 1966 and remember my dad graduating from boot camp, but not much else specifically as the experience greatly effected him (as it did many).

He passed away in 2002 and just recently, I came across a picture of him that I've never seen from Vietnam.  On the back in his writing it says "Taken 28 Nov. 70 on hill 411.

A google search took me to your sight.  Thank you so much for maintaining it and providing information.   I'm trying to find out what unit he was in from my brother; I think he may have been in the first infantry.

Is there a way to try to track down anybody who might have known him, especially if I have more information?

THanks so much for your time.

Regards,

Kellie Richert Noaks

0 comments: